Saturday, April 25, 2009

Grandma Rosemary and Grandpa T Visit

The Torkelsons were driving down to visit from Montana but had to delay their trip 4 days because of the snowstorms. They finally arrived on Sunday, the 19th of April. We had beautiful weather while they were here - completely opposite of the snowstorm days, the weather warmed up to the 70s and was sunny - all of the snow melted! The boys had 2 days off from school for testing, so we were able to go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo & enjoy some parks. Here is the fun we had - at the zoo, the kids got to feed giraffes. Jack fed one; Jonah said he wanted to, but then decided he didn't want to; Adam said he definitely didn't want to; Catherine though it was great and would have fed the giraffes all day!

We ate lunch at the zoo - apparently they weren't ready for a big crowd as the eating place options went as follows:
"Can I have a sandwich?" "We are out!"
"Can I have a salad?" "We are out!"
"Can I have chicken & fries" "We are out!"
"Can I have cheesy bread?" "We are out!"
"Can I have pizza?" "We're out! Hold on, let me check...We have 10 left!"
"We'll have 2 pizzas, nachos, a hot dog, and a hamburger." At least they had those! After eating, the kids played at the little play area outside where we ate:
Another day we enjoyed the beautiful weather at a park:




We had a very fun visit with them and look forward to trying to see them in Montana in June!

No comments: